Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010!

As many friends and family members suffer hardships this year, let us remember to give thanks to our Lord and Savior.
1. It's bitterly cold in Florida, unusually so.
I'm thankful I'm not stuck on a snow-piled highway in the middle of a blizzard.
2. I can't afford to buy presents for loved ones because of our financial distress.
I'm thankful that I have loved ones, for there are many who spend this time alone.
3. My husband denied me the joy of putting up a Christmas tree this year. No reason, he's just a humbug about Christmas.
I'm thankful he's my husband. Humbug or not, he's the man God chose for me, and I love him dearly.
4. My workload has been so heavy lately that my writing has been put on hold.
I'm thankful I have a job--and a promotion in position & salary, too!
5. I don't know whom, if anyone, will share Christmas Day with us for dinner.
I'm thankful we'll have something to eat, for many go hungry every day.
Since I struggled to come up with 5 complaints, I know I am blessed by a loving God. He has been with me through trials and triumphs, and my joy in knowing Him is great! You can have that joy, too.
May God bless you this Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment