Tuesday, March 2, 2010

You Are Now Entering the Mission Field

I've posted the letter below because I was so moved by this friend's passion for the Lord. I remember Juliana Anderson as a pretty little girl; the daughter of our pastor at Palma Ceia Baptist Church. Now she's grown into a lovely young woman who wants nothing more than to tell the world about our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit…

- Matthew 28:19

Read Juliana's letter and be warmed by her joy!

Hello!

Thanks to all of your prayers and support, I leave for Brazil in exactly one week from today! Next Thursday I will be flying out of Tampa to Atlanta to meet up with the rest of the team and from there we will travel to Brazil.

Time is flying so fast and it is a scramble to get everything done before I leave. Please pray that I don't lose my mind! I just found out today that I will be serving on the team through various aspects including drama, crafts, leading a devotion, being a translator and filing several other roles. I can tell God is going to do great things through our team and can't wait to see what He will do.

Please, please, please pray for us. Health is a big concern right now. Everyone seems to be getting sick around me and I know being sick will drain my energy (although my true energy and strength comes from the Lord). I don't want anything to get in the way of me being able to give my best, so I pray that God will give me the courage and wisdom to know what I should do.

Pray that God would speak through me to bring the Gospel to many and that lives will be changed for eternity. I just want to thank you again and tell you all how God has been so faithful to provide for this trip! God has blessed me with an amazing support group (you) and supplied all the money I needed for this trip as well as for a mission trip in May to Paraguay. For the longest time I wasn't sure if God wanted me on that trip as well, but after much prayer, God made it clear to me what I should do. Just a few days after I decided to go, I received a check in the mail for the exact remaining balance I needed for the Paraguay trip. I will be going to Paraguay with Idlewild Baptist Church. My dad is leading the trip and my mom and two brothers are planning on going as well.

Please be in prayer for their support to come in. Before I leave, I will send out another letter to give you the link to a blog where you will be abel to follow what is happening each day. Thank you so much for your support, and I covet your prayers.

Saved to serve,

Juliana Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment